(Update Request Number)URN is a 14 digit number which is given to track the status of your update in Aadhar. Simultaneously with URN date and time is also asked to track the status. When you update or correct Aadhar details online, after submission of your update request you will get URN (Update Request Number) in aadhar card, which can be used to track the status of your update request.
For request to update at Enrollment centre use below link to check status: Click here
For an update using self service portal use below link: Click here
It may take up to 90 days for an update to reflect in Aadhar card.
Update Request Number is ain’t printed in any aadhar card you’ve visit an enrollment center for updation, then you’ll have a printed copy of the details you provided with the URN in aadhar card. You can use it to track your update process.
Procedure for updating aadhar details in online method
UIDAI has come up with the service which has made updating in Aadhar card very easy, following are the steps for making updation:
- Visit Aadhar self service update portal, link given here
- The web page will open, there is field asking for your mobile number. Enter your mobile number and the click on “Send OTP”. One Time Password will be received on your entered mobile number. Do keep in mind that OTP is only valid for a time period of 15 minutes. If mobile phone number isn’t registered in Aadhar self service portal, insert your mobile number and one time password will be received on that number.
- Enter the OTP in the required field and then click on “Login”. Point to be remembered is that the OTP window is only valid for a period of 15 minutes.
- Now different fields on your browser window will be seen, mark the fields you want to update and then click on Submit Button.
- Enter the new modified values in the selected fields and then click on “Submit Update Request” button.
- Now, check the details and see if they are correct or not. If the details entered by you are correct then click on “Confirm” button and then “Proceed”. If any changes are to be made in the entered details then click on “Modify” button so you can edit the desired fields.
- After clicking Proceed new window will pop up asking “Documents Upload”.
Upload all the scanned documents for verification of the changes you asked to be done on your aadhar card. (If you are not able to upload the scanned documents then you can also them).Let the computer upload all the documents and once all the documents are uploaded
- Click on Submit.
- Now a new page “Update Request Complete” will pop up, where you can see Your update request has been successfully submitted on date. Your Update Request Number (URN in aadhar card) is “0000/00222/XXX”.
You will also get the confirmation message and Update Request Number on your registered mobile number. Keep Update Request number safely with you as it will help you to track the status of your Aadhar card updation status.
- You can also download the acknowledgement slip of updated Aadhar card by click on “Download File” button present on the page. Take a print out of acknowledgement slip for future reference.
- For tracking the updated status of your Aadhar card link has already be mentioned above.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding What is URN in aadhar card
You may also interested to read : Aadhar card status enquiry phone number