Link Aadhar to Demat Account | Apply for aadhar card | Aadhar card status enquiry phone number
What is a Demat Account?
Describing in modest terms a demat account is an electronic holding account for shares and other securities. Demat account use can be compared to that of a bank account. So similarly like the way one use their bank account to deposit and withdraw money, they can use a demat account to deposit the shares that they buy and withdraw the shares that you sell.
A demat account is an electronic account which is provided by depositories like NSDL and CDSL. It provides a very safe and secure method of holding securities in electronic format for the long term. You can check your securities’ holdings anytime at any place. Via consolidated demat account report; you can see all your securities (shares and others) at one place. So a demat account provides convenience. To boil down, as mentioned aforesaid in the beginning, anytime you want to invest in shares and other stock of market securities, you will be requiring three things: a trading account, a demat account and a bank account. Hence brooking firms offer investors a 3-in-1 account which includes a trading account, a demat account and a bank account.
The unique identification (UID) 12-digit number has been made compulsory for receiving most of the services momentarily. Arranging with the union budget 2017-18, (SEBI) Securities and Exchange Board of India has made it mandatory to update Aadhaar in the demat account to circumspect tax evasion and money laundering via trading.
According to the recent announcement, the dead-line for finishing Aadhaar based eKYC for trading account is 31st March 2018; and every demat account holder should mandatorily comply with it. Due to this, the small as well as big trading companies are sending notifications to the demat account holders to complete the process before the aforesaid dead-line. The linking initiative will make the verification process quite easy.
Follow the Steps to link Aadhar to Demat Account
Link Aadhar to demat account account is easy and an chilled process. Just follow the aforesaid mentioned steps to complete the linking:
- First of all go to the website link here
- Next when the website is opened , Under “Forms Column”, tap on “Aadhaar Updation Form” and select then click on the “Download” button
- Now you will be able to take a printout of the downloaded form, so do the same.
- After this Enter the DP Id, client ID and complete the acknowledgement request as mentioned.
- Once you have completed filling in all the details, visit the nearest DP servicing branch.
- Remember don’t forget to carry a self-attested photocopy of Aadhaar card as it is very important for further processing.
- Now you have to Submit the application form along with Aadhar copy to get your Aadhaar number updated on the demat account.
- The official authorities verifies the submitted forms. After the verification is over, the official will provide a confirmation message to the applicant.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding how to link aadhar to demat account
You may also interested to read: Aadhar card status enquiry phone number