Apply for aadhar card | duplicate aadhar card | aadhar card lost
Aadhar is a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number which is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in the personal interest of the Government of India to all the individual resident, citizen of India for the purpose of establishing the unique identity for every single person.
Aadhar Card has become mandatory for the many services and is now become the part of day to day life, following are some of the areas where is has become mandatory:
- Driving License.
- Sim Card.
- University Degree.
- Railway Ticket Booking.
- EPF Pension.
- PAN Card.
- Income Tax Filing.
- Opening a bank account
- Digital life certificate
- Monthly pension
- Voter card linking
- Digital Locker
- Provident Fund
- Aadhaar based Direct Benefit Transfer (LPG Subsidy)
- Jan Dhan Yojana
Many a times there comes a situation when we lose our important documents which are beneficial for our day to day life one such document is Aadhar Card. In case if you have lost Aadhar card there is a way through which you can get a duplicate Aadhar card, for this you will have to either visit nearest Aadhar Update Center or send your Aadhar Update request through Post for update your data in Aadhar.
Follow the steps to get your Aadhar data updated using offline (by post)method:
- Firstly make a visit to Aadhar Card update portal by clicking this link here
- Now Click on Download Form
- Note: Check out the instruction given by UIDAI for residents who will be sending the update request by post, follow the link
- All the details should be filled in capital letters only(mandatory). Make sure you only give your current working mobile number as it is compulsory.
- All the information you want to get updated whether it is your name, address, Date of Birth or other such documents, you are required to add self-attested photocopies of the documents.
- You are required to fill the form in English as well as in the local language which you used during the time of your enrollment of Aadhar card at Aadhar centre.
- You are required to write on each document your 12 digits Aadhar number that was issued to you by UIDAI.
- Then set all the details in an envelope and seal it properly using sticky adhesive. In clear big letters mention “Aadhar Update/Correction” on the envelope and make sure it should be properly readable.
- Now, all your work has been completed and you are just required to post the envelope.
- The address where you can post the document is given below:
- UIDAI Post-Box 10,Chhindwara,Madhya Pradesh-480001, India
- UIDAI Post-Box 99,Banjara Hills,Hyderabad-500034, India
- Then you will receive message of the update request receipt when it is received.
- For the update of your mobile number, the notification for the update will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Comment below if you have queries regarding duplicate aadhar card
You may also interested to read: Aadhar card status enquiry phone number