Government is encouraging people for linking Aadhar card with their bank account. you can often get confused with the process of linking Aadhar card with your bank account, you don’t need to be panic, in this article we will discuss Aadhar card link to bank account, and the process is quite easy and simple. The method that we will discuss will be applicable to all of the banks, no matter if your bank is SBI, PNB, HDFC, ICICI etc.
There are two methods for Aadhar card link to bank account-
Process for Aadhar card link to bank account online-
To link your Aadhar card to bank account online, follow the steps given below-
- Log in to the Internet banking account.
Note- if you do not have the service activated for your bank account, you can choose to activate it or go through the offline process.
- Once you are logged in, find the link “update Aadhar card details” or “Aadhar card seeding“
- Now you need to enter the “Aadhar card information” in the respective fields.
- click on “submit” button.
Now your online application will be saved at the bank database, the bank will verify your details and at the end of the process link your Aadhar card to your bank account. you will be informed by your registered mobile number via SMS or email.
Offline Method for Aadhar card link to bank account-
If you wish to link your Aadhar card to bank account offline, follow the following given steps-
- First, you have to download “Aadhar card seeding” form from the website of the bank or you can also take it from your bank’s branch.
- once downloaded, take the print out of the form.
- Fill in the details correctly.
- Enter your bank account number, address, IFSC code etc
- once you fill the application form, attach the photocopy of your Aadhar card with it.
- submit the application form to the bank.
- once the details verified by the bank, you will be notified via SMS on your registered mobile number.
Benefits of Aadhar card link to bank account-
- Your LPG subsidy amount will directly be credited to Aadhar card linked a bank account.
- Subsidies for products like sugar, rice, kerosene, pulses etc will also be credited to your Aadhar linked bank account.
- scholarships for the students will also be credited to the bank account.