Do you want to update your Aadhaar card or make some Aadhaar card correction online without mobile number registered earlier with account of Aadhaar during enrollment? If answer is yes, then go through the content focusing on Aadhaar card and its updation. It covers procedures of making online and offline changes in Aadhaar card without mobile number registered at the time of Aadhaar enrollment.
Significance of Mobile Number in Aadhaar
Many people in India despite holding Aadhaar card are not introduced with the actual significance of mobile number registered with Aadhaar and this is the only reason that they either change their registered mobile number for any plan offered by another network or do not bother to retrieve it if lost somewhere else. But they do repent such of their irresponsible and imprudent decision when come across urgent need to download Aadhaar card or bring some online changes in Aadhaar account such as name, address, gender, mobile number, date of birth, etc.
It’s not that you cannot make online Aadhaar card correction without your mobile number registered earlier during the enrollment with Aadhaar. You can update your Aadhaar account but with a new one updating it at the enrollment centre. So idea of updating Aadhaar card online without mobile number registered/updated with Aadhaar is just a akin to hallucination which you should get yourself recovered from by perceiving the importance and universal significance of Aadhaar’s registered mobile number. So update your Aadhaar account with a new number registering it biometrically with Aadhaar.
Can Aadhaar card correction/updation be made online without mobile number?
Nope. You cannot make any aadhar card correction online without mobile number registered with Aadhaar card. But offline is an option with which you can update your Aadhaar account without any prerequisite of registering mobile number. So if you’ve lost your registered mobile number then you should register rather a new mobile number by visiting local Aadhaar enrollment centre or sending personal details through the post/courier to the HQ of UIDAI for updates of mobile number, address, DOB, Gender, etc.
How to update Aadhaar account offline without mobile number?
As mentioned above the Aadhaar account can be updated only by posting completely filled ‘Update-form’ enclosed with important documents to verify details sought to be updated.
- Visit UIDAI’s official website and download updation form there from.
- Fill it manually (either with clean handwriting or by typing) mentioning the Aadhar number and the desired details for changes you want to make in your Aadhaar account via offline updation like name, mobile number, address, gender, date of birth etc.
- Enclose the Xerox copies of ID for updation (if required) like address proof, DOB certificates, latest photo, etc
- After being updated the Aadhaar card would be delivered at your address, mentioned on Aadhaar updation form and substantiated with a document, within in 30 to 60 days. In the meantime you can check the status of offline updated Aadhaar account
So this is how you can update or make desired corrections offline in your Aadhaar account without the pre-condition of using mobile number.
How to register another/new mobile number in Aadhaar?
- Visit Local Enrollment centre: The mobile number is registered only through biometric authentication i.e. scanning eyes and fingers. So to register new mobile number you will have to visit local enrollment centre with your Aadhaar card or number. You shouldn’t worry of Aadhaar card or Aadhaar number if none of these is with you. Your identity would biometrically be retrieved and verified finding out in this way the Aadhaar number. But keep it remember that Aadhaar updation can yet be accomplished online provided you manage to register a new mobile number with Aadhaar.
- Update Aadhaar Account feeding the desired information: So get registered another mobile number (if the registered one is lost) and make the changes you want to make in your Aadhaar at the respective enrollment centre. It’d better you update your Aadhaar card without mobile number at the respective enrollment centre. The enrollment centre charges a particular amount of fees (around 25 to 30) for such biometric updation in Aadhaar.
- Keep Update Slip for Checking the status: After successfully feeding all personal details the centre issues 16-digit update slip with which you should keep and use to check the status of Aadhaar. Generally 30 to 60 days are taken in updation of Aadhaar the status of which can be checked on the official website of UIDAI.
- Make Updation with new mobile: Once a new mobile number gets registered with Aadhaar you will be able to make further changes or online aadhar card correction without mobile number at your convenience anytime and anywhere else. So you shed from your mind a fear that Aadhaar card cannot be updated online without mobile number registered previously in Aadhaar as new mobile registered biometrically paves the way for all kinds of online updates and services.
How to update Aadhaar card online with registered mobile number?
Once you register new mobile number biometrically at enrollment centre, you get conferred with a freedom of downloading or updating Aadhaar account henceforward through “self-help-Aadhaar service”. Have a look at the tutorial on updating the Aadhaar account online –
- Visit the official website of Aadhaar and select “Enrollment & Update” or click on here . You will reach “Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal”
- Enter you Aadhaar number (12-digit) and “text verification”
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ option
Click on ‘Enter TOTP”
- Enter OTP received as the SMS on your registered mobile number and click on login
Enter the TOTP (Time Based One Time Password) flashing on your registered mobile number
- You will reach on Data update page that will invite you to update some of your important personal details such as name, date of birth (DOB), gender, Email, address or mobile number. Enter the detail and click on ‘submit’.
- Scan the required documents substantiating the information entered by you on Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal page and Upload them
- You will receive a “Aadhaar Card Update Request Number” on the registered mobile number which can be used to track the status of updated Aadhaar card in future.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Aadhaar card correction online without mobile number
You may also interested to read: Aadhar card status enquiry phone number